Hollywood Builders:Total Recall
Hollywood Builders:Total Recall is an all-access, behind the scenes pass to creating the world of sci-fi remake, Total Recall, starring Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel, Bill Nighy, Bokeem Woodbine, and Bryan Cranston.
In this one-hour special, we follow nearly 500 of the best set design and construction pros in the movie business, from visual conception, to hammer and nails creation, to “Lights! Camera! Action!”
We’ll see how they build the movie’s most important sets, including a canal that turns an indoor stage into a waterfront shantytown and a space-aged passenger vessel that rotates 180 degrees – turning the actors inside upside-down.
A few show highlights:
- Learn why it cost $10,000 a week just in screws to put the sets together!
- See how the team builds a canal on The Colony set, transforming the indoor stage into a waterfront shantytown.
- Discover the secrets behind making a 25-foot in diameter set spin 180 degrees – as in upside down.
- See why one actor slept overnight on the set – and how the builders roused him out of bed at 5 am.
- Moldmakers reveal how they created the Fall’s elevator doors that explode. (Explosion seen in first versions of the trailer.)
- A set buyer shares why spending $100,000 a day shopping isn’t such a dream job after all!
- See where the Scenic Art Department was forced to move to in order to work on the Fall’s enormous set pieces.
- Scenic artists reveal how they made the stunt props, like the roof Quaid (Colin Farrell) crashes through in The Colony (as seen in trailer).
Please contact Om Base for screening access to view the full show.